Because of the growing connections and emphasis on youth within the Cheshunt area, the Club decided in 1989, after almost 20 years in the Enfield Alliance League, to join the McMullens League. In their first season they won the Division 3 title and the League Cup. They were promptly promoted to Division 1 and became champions in that season 1984/5. Somersett also achieved great success in the County Cup, reaching the final. Despite their quick rise into the Premier Division they established themselves as a forceful premier league side.

In 1991, Ambury FC, a premier division team from the Sunday Brooke Waltham League, joined forces with Somersett to become Somersett Ambury V & E FC, then known locally as SAVE FC. In 1993 the club joined the Herts. Senior League as a division one team. Within two seasons they won promotion to the premier league. After finishing as ‘runners-up’ in the Herts. Senior premier league in1997/8 the Club applied for and was accepted into the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division. This was by far the clubs most ambitious challenge and one the club board members and players looked forward to. 1998/99 season saw the club coming of age as we gained Senior status in the Spartan South Midlands League. It was an eye opener, playing competitive games twice a week with a small squad soon proved an uphill task. Still we weathered the storm with an experienced manager in the form of Dave STEADMAN. We finished 18th in the league and looked to improve in the 1999/2000 season. In the closed season we had a change of manager manager welcoming Kevin ROWARK to the club. Again we found the squad light of experienced players and had a languid time through out, never leaving the lower section of the league. By March the club was in serious threat of relegation so the responsibility of manager passed to long serving player Paul ROBBINS. His hard endeavour together with the determination of the squad saw us survive by the skin of our teeth.

In February 2000 SAVE made a few changes to the committee and introduced a full time bar steward/groundsman, Wayne MORRIS a player and member of the club since the early 8092s. Those decisions lead to a dramatic upturn in the clubs finances and we were able for the first time to plan ahead with some degree of certainty. By the autumn Lyn BENDING an experienced Licencee took over the bar, improving the Social side of the club still further. The summer saw improvements to the pitch, alterations to the bar, resiting of the kitchen and redecoration of both changing rooms. However by far the most important change came in the form of new manager Andy LEESE and his staff of Tony MILLS and Mark STANDEN. All came from Potters Bar bringing with them a squad of young and enthusiastic players. The change in training and the numbers involved through July and August was very encouraging and with solid wins against Ryman sides Berkhampstead and Leyton Penant all beared well for the new season.

The season began with a loss at Potters Bar in the Herts. Charity Shield but this did not daunt this new side for SAVE. As was to be seen throughout the following eight months every player gave their all and when they were down, they were at their most dangerous, frequently turning a deficit at half-time into a win. Despite the bad weather, which began in October, the side battled through and by Christmas were an acknowledged side to be reckoned with. Narrowly beaten in the FA Vase by Jewson side Maiden Town they bounced back with a deserved win at Letchworth in the Challenge Trophy on a windy wet night. Mid table was the aim but by February anything less than sixth place would have been a disappointment. Sticking to the task the players did all Andy LEESE required of them - the reward being fifth in the league a feat far exceeding the clubs wildest dreams. Further reward was to come in the Roy Bailey Cup with a fine win at Hertford and a methodical workman like performance at Ryman Divison 2 club Cheshunt. This led to a final against Hoddesdon Town. A hard season was rounded off with a deserved win. Again the character of the side shone through and it was their determination and belief that won the day. The 2001/2 season brought rich reward to the club. In the F.A. Vase we went to Bury Town F.C. beating them 5 - 4.

A pulsating match that with twenty minutes to go we were loosing by three goals. This was all overturned, with SAVE scoring four in that short time. The following round we went out narrowly to Ryman Two side Barton Rovers. In the F.A. Cup in our inaugural year we beat Clapton from Ryman Three, and Stewarts and Lloyds from the Midlands. Finally we met Canvey Island then leaders of the Premier Division of the Rymans League. Yes we were well beaten by a semiprofessional club but we made many friends and now look forward to these competitions in the coming year. In the league we finished mid table, maybe a slight disappointment, however it established us as a team to be reckoned with capable of beating any team on the day. In cup competitions we faired better reaching but loosing in the semi-finals of the Roy Bailey trophy and the Spartans South Midlands Floodlight Cup. There are major changes ahead for the new season, not least a name change. It was felt that the name Somersett Ambury gave no clue as to our location, indeed few people in the area appreciated that we were their local club. So, after much discussion we unanimously agree to be registered as Broxbourne Borough V & E F.C.

The V & E being retained to maintain our charity status. Our youth section expanded thanks to Broxbourne Saints youth section joining the club giving us an additional nine sides, as we welcome them and hope the move is a success for all. In the Senior football we lost first team manager Andy Leese who has taken up the vacant position at Ryman club Cheshunt. We wish him every success in this new venture . This left us the problem of finding a successor, no mean feat giving the achievements Andy made in two seasons. W e felt that we did not need to look far and gave the job to Andy’s assistant, David CRAIG. With a small squad and key players gone it was going to be a difficult time yet he achieved 13th place and but for an error by the club secretary would have made 11th spot.

The football remained entertaining and many notable games were won against stronger opposition. It was a shame that David couldn't continue this season however family commitments have prevented this. 2003/04 season saw the arrival of old player, new Manager Martin WADE, who lived locally and who could find enough local players to continue the success of the club. His assistants were John WARD a former manager at the club and a long serving player in the Ryman League, and another Ryman player Matt BARLOW. Martin found the going tough particularly when he realised he didn’t have enough quality players. The club were not in a position to assist financially so it is to his credit and his players that they achieved 16th spot and at no time did they look as though they would be relegation candidates. In the closed season Peter THEO arrived from Royston Town - he not only became Manager of the first team but also through the setting up of a new company took over the running of the club.

His direction in the first twelve months has led to a transformation of the clubhouse and pitch with seating for 150 people and a new stand due for completion in Autumn 2005. On the field he has produced a team that reached 9th in the league table and but for a poor run over the Christmas and New Year could have chieved a top three position. 2004/05 started with a mixture of the old and new, so it was difficult initially to reach a decent standard of football to worry the leading sides although we did become a thorn in the side of leading club Hanwell Town who we beat both home and away. The side ended on a settled note in the latter stages of the season and ran up a series of wins that showed we were on the right road.